September: weather temperature ranges from 42-62°F
October: weather temperature ranges from 32-52°F
Fall weather can be unpredictable. Be sure to bring some warm insulated clothing, boots, gloves, face mask. Due to unpredictable weather, Wild Wing Outfitters reserves the right to change hunt plans according to the weather. For example, after a rainstorm, we will not be field shooting because of the mud problems creating unnecessary tension with landowners. Instead we will be pass shooting, or duck hunting along a slough.
Retrievers and Pointers:
We encourage dogs, but we do ask that all dogs sleep in their kennels.
Canadian Firearms Centre
We encourage you to become familiar with Canada's Firearms laws. More information can be found by visiting their website at http://www.cfc.gc.ca/
Hunting and Trapping Guide:
For the latest hunting guide, please click here.
What to Bring
Essentials (in addition to your regular bird hunting kit)
- Camouflage - is a must. This would be money well spent. Advantage Wetlands, Fall Flight, and Shadow Grass are all good patterns
- White coveralls for snow/speck hunting
- Snow Goose call - Big River calls are easy to blow. I can show you how if you don't know. The snow goose call is essential, because the more calls in the spread the better (in my opinion).
- Face masks - I rank this as an important piece of equipment. I think its well worth the cost. Bring both white and camouflage facemasks.
- Cooler - if you plan on taking birds home, you must bring a cooler or make arrangements well in advance so we can purchase one for you.
- Ammunition - we will have steel available for purchase, but feel free to bring your own.
- Coffee thermos
- Hip waders
- Other calls - Canada goose & duck calls. You may not need them, however, it's nice to have the option.
- Shotgun plug - for semi automatics, you are only allowed 3 rounds in the gun - 1 in the chamber, 2 in the mag
- A second gun may not be a bad idea
- Rain suit
- Accommodations, guides, meals, bedding, towels
- All decoys supplied
What's Not Included
- Airfare to Saskatoon
- Depending on the departure and arrival times of certain flights, it may require an overnight stay in Saskatoon not covered in the package price
- Non-resident bird hunting license
- Bird cleaning - facilities are available to do it yourself or we will do it for an extra fee
- Ammunition - we will have steel ammunition available for purchase
- Beer and liquor - although we don't supply alcohol, we can get it for you, before or after you arrive