Sportsman's Guide - Best Time's To Fish
June - Early July
- Highest numbers of fish caught during this season.
- The pike are coming out of their post spawn sulk and are feeding heavily.
- Warm temps and high bug activity are traditional for this season.
- High water can be a variable during time of year.
- Cabbage weed beds, shallows and sloughs are fishing the best at this time of year.
Middle of July - Middle of August
- Most consistent fishing season.
- Stable water levels, variable weather conditions.
- Solid girth measurements, the pike have great strength.
- Fish activity directly correlates to weather conditions.
End of August - September
- Largest fish of the season are typically caught this time of year.
- Fewer numbers of fish are caught but usually large.
- Cold water temps make morning fishing difficult.
- Dropping water levels can force fish to wintering holes.
- Duck hunting can be amazing.