Argentina Hunting - Red Stag
We hunt twice a day, driving, riding horses or walking from the lodge to the different spots from where we stalk. This is real stalk hunting and the terrain is appropriate to spot the animals from far away and try to get close.
Some sections of the property are rough and require a good shape while others are easy walking.
Our ranch, “Baguales”, is located in a peninsula, surrounded by a lake inmerse in the most beautiful area of the Patagonia. Over 8000 acres of woods, mountains and small valleys.
The hunter must be ready to take shots from 50 to 200 yards. Every hunter has a guide. After judging the trophy, the guide will tell if it is a shootable animal. It is important to know that we don’t shoot young animals, no matter how good can be.
Red Stag. (Cervus Elaphus) and Wild Boar occasionally.
The lodge is a big log and stone cabin situated on a saddle between two mountains (at 4500 ft.) and surrounded by a lake. Very comfortable and recently refurbished: 4 bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room with a big fireplace and dinning room. There is no electric power what makes it particularly charming.
The landscape is so magnificent that Walt Disney and his crew spent two months there, taking photos and sketches for the scenery of what later was the movie Bambi
The rut is in March and April but we hunt till the end of May, as our place is used by the bulls for wintering and after the rut we get big concentration of males.
Temperatures running from 40° to 70°F. Cold early in the morning. Warming up in the day. Some rainy days. Strong winds are frequent and it may freeze in April and May..
How to get
Trough Buenos Aires: Commercial air to Bariloche (2 hours flight) and then 1 ½ hour driving from the airport to the cabin. As flights from the USA arrive Buenos Aires early morning, the hunter can travel at midday and hunt the afternoon he arrives.
ARGENTINA - RED STAG HUNTING
Season: March through May
- Early morning arrival in Buenos Aires.
- Our host will greet you and provide assistance through customs.
- Transportation will be provided to the domestic airport.
- Commercial flight from Buenos Aires to Bariloche
- Van transportation provided from the airport to the lodge.
- Enjoy ½ day of red stag hunting.
Day 2 through 5:
- Enjoy 4 full days of red stag hunting
- Enjoy ½ day of red stag hunting
- Transportation provided to the airport in Bariloche.
- Commercial flight from Bariloche to Buenos Aires
- Host will greet you upon arrival at the domestic airport in Buenos Aires.
- Transportation will be provided to the International airport for evening flight back.
|2015 - 2016 ARGENTINA PROGRAMS|
Base 4 pax
|** PRIVATE CHARTER|
|RED STAG||6 Days
|N/A||March thru May||N/A|
|*All programs have the followings inclusions: Ground transfer, Bilingual host, all meals and beverages while in hunting and fishing areas.|
|*Guns and introduction papers are not included in this package|
|**** Tour are carried out under the business management of Four Seasons which makes every reasonable effort to serve guests, however, assumes no responsibilities or liability for any hazard of any kind associated with these trips. Neither is any obligation or responsibility assumed for any political meteorological, climatic or other event for the services of transportation companies, contractors, or other principals for which FS act as agent and to the terms and conditions of those owners and operators.|
YOUR TRIP INCLUDES:
- 1 Red Stag
- All ground transportation as required by itinerary.
- Bilingual host provided from arrival into Buenos Aires trough departure back.
- 5 full days of stag hunting.
- 5 overnights in private lodge.
- Hunting license.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, including wine and beer.
- First care of the trophy.
YOUR TRIP DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Gun introduction papers to Argentina (US$100)
- Any Airfare.
- Trophy freight back to home country (around US$ 450).
- Trophy export papers (around US$ 100).
- Any kind of transfers or trip extensions.
What to bring:
- Rifle 7mm minimum.
- 25 round of ammo.
- Camouflage clothing. Not necessary orange jacket.
- Rain Jacket
- Flash light
- Comfortable walking boots