Argentina Hunting - Ducks and Geese
This is a combo hunt, 3 days duck, 2 days goose. We drive from one area to the other.
Dark in the morning, after a good breakfast, we drive to the pond (15 to 45 min.) and wade to the blinds. The blinds are built in the natural reeds and except for few spots are not dry blinds. The guide spreads the decoys and as soon as light comes, the marsh rises in thousand of noises and the ducks start flying, flock after flock to the decoys while the guide calls them.
After shooting over 20 ducks, we head back to the lodge, for a snack and a gourmet lunch, with wonderful Argentinean wines.
During the afternoon, we hunt ducks until is dark or we limit 30. Two or three evenings out of five, we hunt Perdiz over dogs or Pigeon. Then enjoy some drinks and another outstanding meal and get ready for the next day.
Before daylight our guides will build a blind or dig individual pits for each hunter and set the decoys. After a full breakfast, we head to the field (15 to 45 min). Soon the birds will start flying and we will get 20 to 25 geese each hunter.
Important: We shoot geese ONLY in the mornings, as in the afternoon they fly so late that it’s too dark to shoot.
After a gourmet lunch at the lodge, we will hunt partridges over pointing dogs, or doves and pigeons depending on the availability and hunters desire.
Brown and White Cheek pintails, Fulvous and White face tree ducks.
Rosy billed Pochard, Chilean Widgeon, Red Shoveler.
Teals: Cinnamon, Silver, Speckled, Black head and Brazilian teal.
The lodge == Monte Laguna
200 miles SW of Buenos Aires. Two houses: One (Big house) a big living room and bar, 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, can host eight hunters. The other one, (Small house) has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a dinning room and a very cozy living room and can host 4 hunters or 2 couples. Both houses are independent and can be used to lodge two different groups or one big group (up to 12).
1) San José
An old family house. The lady of the house is an expert antiquary and personally restored most of the beautiful furniture. 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. In the heart of the goose area.
2) La Esterlina
This mansion, built in the early 1900´s has 5 dwl bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. A huge living room with a fire place which is a piece of art, dinning room, etc. It is located on the foothills of the Sierra de la Ventana.
May 20th to August 15th.
This can change slightly from one year to the other.
May (Fall): 35º to 65º F. Some rain.
June, July and August (Winter) 30º to 60º F.
May: 35º F to 65º F. Some rains.
June, July and August: 28º F to 60º F. Sunny and dry. May be windy.
How to get
From Buenos Aires:
By ground about 4 ½ hours of driving by good paved road or charter flight (1 h.15’).
Charter flight from Buenos Aires
ARGENTINA - DUCK AND GOOSE HUNTING
Season: May 20th to August 15th.
- Departure from home city.
- Overnight flight to Buenos Aires.
- Early morning arrival to Buenos Aires.
- Our host will greet you and provide assistance through customs.
- Van transportation will be provided to your duck hunting area in Buenos Aires Province. (5 hrs drive)
- Enjoy ½ day of duck hunting.
Days 3 and 4:
- Full days of duck hunting over decoys.
- Enjoy ½ day of duck hunting.
- Van transportation provided to the goose hunting location near Coronel Suarez (3-hrs drive).
- Afternoon of dove, pigeon or perdiz hunting.
- Morning of goose hunt and afternoon of dove, pigeon or perdiz.
- Enjoy morning of goose hunt.
- Van transportation provided to Bahía Blanca's airport.
- Commercial flight from Bahia Blanca to Buenos Aires.
- Host will greet you upon arrival at the domestic airport in Buenos Aires and provide transportation to the international airport.
|2015 - 2016 ARGENTINA PROGRAMS|
Base 4 pax
|** PRIVATE CHARTER|
|DUCK & GOOSE||5 Days
3 Duck/2 Goose
|$ 3,795||$ 750||
* Price based on a minimun of four (4) people
|*All programs have the followings inclusions: Ground transfer, Bilingual host, all meals and beverages while in hunting and fishing areas.|
|*Guns and introduction papers are not included in this package|
|**** Tour are carried out under the business management of Four Seasons which makes every reasonable effort to serve guests, however, assumes no responsibilities or liability for any hazard of any kind associated with these trips. Neither is any obligation or responsibility assumed for any political meteorological, climatic or other event for the services of transportation companies, contractors, or other principals for which FS act as agent and to the terms and conditions of those owners and operators.|
YOUR TRIP INCLUDES:
- All ground transportation as required by itinerary.
- Bilingual host provided from arrival into Buenos Aires through departure back.
- 3 full days of duck hunting over decoys.
- 2 days of goose , pigeon, dove and perdiz hunting.
- Accommodation in private estancia in Buenos Aires province.
- Bird boy.
- Hunting license.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, including wine and beer.
YOUR TRIP DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Gun introduction papers to Argentina (US$100)
- Extra Shells (US$ 15 per box)
- Laundry, communications and tips
- Guns introduction papers.
- Any airfare.
- Transfers, tours or extensions of the trip of any kind.
** PRIVATE AIR CHARTER AVAILABLE.
What to bring:
A laundry service (not included in the package) is available at very reasonable price, so there’s no need to pack a lot of cloths. In addition to the hunting and casual cloth, the following items are very important:
- Rain Jacket
- Warm Jacket
- Flash light
- Long underwear
- Warm socks
- Walking boots